Friday, December 11, 2015

Mind strengthening

It's nearly impossible to bypass that giant scale near the entrance of the gym! I need to drink a liter of water before I go in; that way I won't be tempted to get on the scale before weigh-in day. However, stepping on the scale this morning was quite a nice surprise. I'm down to 247! This shouldn't surprise me terribly for a couple of reasons. 1) I've been KILLIN' it this week! Food, exercise, resisting temptations... 2) It's definitely water weight that I've shed (which I will absolutely take). However, my food intake could be much, much better. The main problem is the fact that this is the last week of classes and everything has been SO hectic. BUT, I have persevered and brought lunch or snacks with me every day this week. That in and of itself is a huge improvement for me. I don't leave home without a safe snack so that I'm not tempted to eat whatever is around which of course is generally junk which leads to a downward spiral.

I didn't want to measure my success by the scale, but I need the scale. Otherwise, I let my eyes and brain trick me into thinking nothing is happening which is just not true. EVEN if the scale shows a 1 pound decrease, it's an improvement from staying where I am or moving up.

This coming weekend presents another challenging one. Tonight there will be drinking and Mediterranean food, and tomorrow there will be sweets and drinking. But I have my secret weapon!
Mental preparation. I am already mentally preparing to not drink tonight or tomorrow. I've got a response for people who ask why I'm not drinking. 1) It's crunch time! I've got a wedding dress to look amazing in. And the purpose of one drink for me is to have another. I'd like not to waste those calories. I'd also like to avoid wondering what the scale would look like had I not indulged!

So wish me well on this weekend mind strengthening exercise, because I'm gonna need it!




No comments:

Post a Comment